RSS
email

How Time Flies!


In the last 4 weeks, some amazing things have happened to me, but none more special then my wife giving birth to my son... Stone Tilton Pierce Kepler! Then 3 days later we celebrate my daughters 2 yr birthday (April 15), and then most recently I placed first along with Ken Cutrer for the right to go to California to compete in the Crossfit Fittest Games!

To start things off, I had always hoped for a son. My daughter is very special to me and I wouldn't trade her for the world, but I wanted the opportunity to raise a son as well. And let me tell you, at the rate he is growing, it's going to be a BIG challenge... but one that I definitely am up for!

Now for my daughter.... she turned 2 on April 15th. We had a party for her at AMY'S ICECREAM, and we invited some friends and family... good times! But it does make you realize and appreciate that they grow up quick, so don't take it for granted because before you know they're out the door!

As for my training...pathetic! I took some time off when Stone was born, and out of the 3 weeks I was away from the gym I may have worked out 3-4 times! I was doing that per week! On top of not going to the gym I was "celebrating" a little much with all the guest we had over the same 3 weeks. Starting May 3rd, I vowed not to "celebrate" until after the Fittest Games which are in July... which leads me up to my last exciting occurrence......

On May 3rd, I won my second event in a row to tie for first in overall points for the opportunity to go to Cali to compete in the Fittest Games! To take in consideration that I placed 3rd in my first event, 3rd in my second event, and then back to back first to make my comeback... I'm pretty stoked about it! But I will say that to compete with the big boys, I'm going to have to up my game to a whole new level. A level that I have been to before but didn't maintain it, a level that will take dedication, desire, sacrifices, passion.. I don't plan on going to Cali and getting my ass handed to me, and as of May 3rd I put a challenge to myself to do what it takes to get to that level.. ELITE! peace

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Friends

Categories