RSS
email

Adapt

Urban Definition of Adapt:  Intelligence is correlated to the ability to adapt to different environments and circumstances. The higher the intelligence, the easier it is to deal with ambiguity, incomplete information, and to make intuitive leaps in logic that turn out to be productive and right. The lower the intelligence, the less likely it is to adapt to change and the less likely it is for that organism to be successful in the new and changing environment.  

Raising 2 small children will teach you very valuable lessons in life if you are willing to adapt.  The last couple of weeks have been quite the challenge for me when it comes to raising my kids.  Savannah, who will be 4 in April, thinks she is already 18.  Everything is a challenge with her, and her ability to push the boundaries we have set for her is extraordinary!  Stone, on the other hand is so demanding of attention, and if he doesn't get his way.....watch out!  all hell breaks loose!   And for the last 2 weeks my response to their behavior was not a very positive one.   A UCLA survey from a few years ago reported that the average one year old child hears the word, NO!, more then 400 times a day!  Not only does that take a toll on the kids, it was starting to take it's toll on me...mentally and physically.  Thank God I know that I must adapt, for my sake and most importantly for the sake of my kids! 
 






My Wod:  CFFB Rest Day.  I  need to get some more strength work, Power Cleans, Cleans, Dead Lifts.  Feeling tons better after a bout with some stomach issues.  


Dead Lift:   5x5 225-245-265-285-305  felt good/ light

Power C:    5x5 135-155-165-175-185 felt better then yesterday


155# clean/ thrusters for practice...will start adding heavy thrusters to my strength days, need to do it!





Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Friends

Categories