RSS
email

Maintenance

How hard are you on your body?   Carey made a comment the other day about injuries/ soreness/ nicks and nags that we seem to have a lot more then we did in college and her comment was "I guess we are getting older...." and my quick rebuttal was "NO, it's not that we are getting older, we just play harder NOW then we did in college!"  And it's true, I have worked out more in the last 5 years then I did the previous 15 years combined.  And to be honest, I'm just getting started.....big things on the horizon, but to accomplish my goals I need to make sure I'm doing everything possible to ensure a healthy body.  Eat the right foods, drink the right liquids, workout with proper form w/ high and low intensity, and last but not least TRIGGER POINT.  Trigger Point Therapy has been a life saver for me, if you don't TP, you should...

 

MidWestern Sectional 

WOD 1: "THE AIR FORCE WOD"
For time:  7:20  Did this WOD yesterday with no warm up, will do yesterdays SWOD + DWOD today...will post weight and time to that post when I finish them.
 

20 Thrusters     
20 Sumo deadlift high pulls
20 Push jerks
20 Overhead squats
20 Front squats

Men will use a 95lb barbell. Women will use 65lbs. Each athlete must do four burpees at the beginning of every minute before moving on to the barbell work. The athlete is allowed to move to the next barbell skill once an he/she has completed all 20 reps. If the minute clock beeps during a repetition the athlete will complete their rep and then start their four burpees. There is a 20min cap.
The athlete is allowed to rest the entire minute once he/she has completed his/her burpees. If an athlete decides to scale down his/her WOD or does not finish in the allowed time the athlete will be given a DNF. Judges are looking for full range of motion (ROM) on all skills, which will be explained at the event.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Friends

Categories