RSS
email

Day 4

Wod 1:
Perform 2 Power Cleans and 2 Strict Chin Ups on the minute for 15 minutes.
*Complete Power Cleans around 87% of 1 RM 205#
*For every rep not completed, perform 1 burpee No failed reps



 Last Year's Group who competed in regionals

 

Wod 2:
warm up
Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes do 5 push-ups and 5 Back squats @ body weight
did 5 minutes to keep my legs fresh for this wod....
the wod is from the south european sectionals
WOD
Event 2 "The Italian Job" 8:43
5 Rounds for time of:
4 Hang Power Cleans (60/30kg)
8 Kettlebell Swing (32/16kg)
12 Toes-to-Bar


CrossFit and Cross Training

Lots of people HATE CrossFit.
Of course, it’s f**ing HARD workouts. Period.
For my athletes I follow a system. A system of training is required to consistently get them stronger, more explosive, adding more muscle and improving their skill at the lifts as well. CrossFit is implemented into our conditioning work.
CrossFit in lifting / movement / training is similar in philosophy to why I always tell my athletes to Cross Train in other sports to make them MORE athletic in their sport of focus.
For example, I ALWAYS tell my Wrestlers and Football players to train in Judo for a few months out of the year.
I can explain WHY, but instead, I want you to see a high school wrestler who is also a Judoka. He is F**ing deadly. Watch Below…
I am BIG Time impressed with Derek Wojcik, a Judoka and wrestler from Georgia.
The Overseas athletes ALL crosstrained in various sports and various lifting / training methods. The Olympic Weightlifters from the 1970’s looked like a Hybrid of a Gymnast – Wrestler. Very lean, very muscular, extremely strong, extremely explosive and ALSO highly conditioned.
My Football players play a lot of Basketball as it improves their speed, power, agility and overall conditioning.
The athlete who never rotates new movements, methods or sports into his / her repertoire will be more likely to get overuse injuries or achieve physical / psychological burn out before the athlete who is more well rounded, exposed to more sports yet still focuses on 1 or 2 main sports.
Drop a comment, let me know your thoughts.
–Z–

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Friends

Categories