RSS
email

The Edge



The EDGE... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson 

As I get stronger my ability to reach beyond the EDGE are becoming a reality.  I have 10+ weeks left until Regional to prepare myself for a competition that will require me to reach beyond that EDGE if I want to qualify for the games.  I am determined, motivated, driven, excited, and ready to experience what it feels like to go beyond the EDGE.  One rep at a time, one wod at a time, one day at time.  


My WOD 1: 4rds in 8minutes...(ran out of time, did the sectional wod first)
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes: (goal is minimum of 12 rds, the high on CFFB was 14 I think, which is doable since I'm going to go from the rack for my jerk)
5 Push Jerks or Split Jerks 155 lbs
7 Push Ups
Sprint 1/2 Gasser




10 min break


Wod 2: (time to beat was 5:29) 5:48
5 rounds
6-  275 dl
12- box jump "over" 20"
1- rope climb 20' (no rope then do 12 towel pullups)

10 min break



3 max efforts of static hold BENCH (I will do this on Thursday)
find a weight that is beyond you 1rm but you are still able to press out of the racked position, hold as long as possible.  take 3minutes between sets.   (skip this if you don't feel comfortable doing this on your own.   I have the luxury of using an old squat rack that will allow me to hold the weight until failure without bringing it down on me)



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Friends

Categories